According to a leaked internal document that showed up on TmoNews a few days ago, T-Mobile be launching some new prepaid daily plans on Sunday Oct 16th. There will be three options:
- $3/day Unlimited - Talk, Text and 4G Web (throttled to 2g after 200 KB/day)
- $2/day Unlimited - Talk, Text and 2G Web
- $1/day Unlimited Text and 10 cent/minute voice
While I don't think these plans are as exciting as the $30/month unlimited text and Web plus 100 minutes plan that is also launching the 16th they will be useful for foreign visitors and folks who only need unlimited for a few days per month.
TmoNews has a long history for leaking the details on new T-Mobile plans and phones long before they are officially announced. Still, I consider the new plans as rumors until they are officially announced.
The leaked documents leave me with a lot of questions as the daily plans will actually work:
- Is the daily fee charged only on days that you use voice or text or every day?
- Do the daily plans carry over from day to day or do you have to manually renew them daily?
- Can you switch between the plans and pay as you go without effecting your pay as you go minutes rate?
- Will you be able to switch day plans on the My Account desktop site or by calling customer care or only using the unreliable and buggy My Account mobile web page?
- Will the $1.50/day Web Day pass still be available?
If these plans are for real, I expect T-Mobile will make an announcement will full details early next week.