predicted, Boost Mobile will be getting the LG Optimus Black, a midrange Android phone. On Boost it will be known as the LG Marquee and it will arrive Jan. 23 at Boost Mobile stores, independent wireless dealers and at www.boostmobile.com with free shipping. A $55/month or $2/day unlimited plan is required.
To celebrate the launch of LG Marquee, Boost Mobile and LG are having “Party Like a Celebrity” sweepstakes. From Jan. 18 through Feb. 2, consumers can enter for a chance to win two grand prizes, which include a trip to Los Angeles, an LG Marquee with two months of Android Monthly Unlimited no-contract service, a celebrity makeover, and a Hollywood shopping spree (see official rules at www.PartyLikeACelebrity.com for entry details and conditions).
The Marquee has been available on Sprint for a couple of months and generally gets good reviews ( PhoneScoop, PhoneArena, LaptopMag, PCMag) particularly for it's screen quality.
- Weight, size: 3.95 oz (112 g), 4.8" x 2.52" x 0.36" (122 x 64 x 9.1 mm)
- Battery: 1500 mAh 5.5 hours maximum talk time
- Screen: 4 inches, 480 x 800 pixels
- Cameras: 5 MP main camera with single LED flash, 720P HD video capture, 2MP front facing camera
- OS: Android 2.3 "Gingerbread"
- High Speed Data: EV-DO rev A
- Processor: 1 GHz TI OMAP 3630 (ARM Cortex A8)
- Internal Storage: 4 GB
- Ram: 512 MB
- Maximum SD card size: 32 GB (2 GB card included)