NET10 too. That's not a surprise as Net10 and Straight Talk are both owned by América Móvil and generally carry most of the same phones. Net10's Optimus Black is priced at $329.99, the same as the Straight Talk version.
The Optimus Black runs on the Sprint network and is only available in Net10's Sprint markets. If it's not showing up on the Net10 site for you, change your zip code to 94102. Don't actually order it unless you have native Sprint coverage in your area. Use the Boost Mobile coverage map to check.
The Optimus Black seems to be a pretty good phone but I think it's overpriced at $329.99. I say that because Boost Mobile sells the LG Marque, which is the same phone, for $279.99, $40 less. Net10, Straight Talk and Boost all use the Sprint network so there's no difference in coverage, call quality or data speed.
Boost's monthly costs will be lower over time too. Net10, Straight Talk and Boost all require Android phones to be on an unlimited voice messaging and data plan. Net10's plan costs $50/month. Boost's plan starts at $55/month, but thanks to the carrier's "Shrinkage" feature, the monthly fee drops by $5/month for every six on time payments until after 18 months you are only paying $40/month. You do pay $30 more ($5/month) for Boost's plan during the first six months but that's outweighed by Boost's $40 lower price on the phone.
However, there are differences between Net10 and Boost for international calls and texts.
- Net10's unlimited plan includes unlimited international text messaging at no extra charge. Boost charges 10¢ for each international text sent.
- Net10 does not currently support making international voice calls at all Boost does and has fairly good rates and a $10/month add-on that provides unlimited calling to land lines in 34 countries (list of countries).
The Optimus Black's specs are:
- Weight, size: 3.95 oz (112 g), 4.8" x 2.52" x 0.36" (122 x 64 x 9.1 mm)
- Battery: 1500 mAh, 5.5 hours maximum talk time
- Screen: 4 inches, 480 x 800 pixels
- Cameras: 5 MP main camera with single LED flash, 720P HD video capture, 2MP front facing camera
- OS: Android 2.3 "Gingerbread"
- High Speed Data: EV-DO rev A
- Processor: 1 GHz TI OMAP 3630 (ARM Cortex A8)
- Internal Storage: 4 GB
- Ram: 512 MB
- Maximum SD card size: 32 GB (2 GB card included)
- Model Number: LG L85C
América Móvil has posted 317 page user guide (PDF, view online) and an interactive tutorial for the LG Black.