According to a leaked bulletin to dealers (click image to enlarge), MetroPCS unveil a new $30 month LTE plan tomorrow. The plan includes nationwide coverage, unlimited voice calling, unlimited text messaging and unlimited data. Only the first 250 MB of data will be at full LTE 4G speeds, the rest will be reduced to 3G speeds. This seems like a great deal although there are some restrictions:
- The customer must purchase a new LTE phone. Used phones and re-activations are not eligible.
- There's $10 promotion fee that must be paid at time of activation.
- Existing users switching to the plan must buy a new phone, pay the $10 activation fee plus a $10 upgrade fee.
- This is a limited time promotional offer. Customers can keep the $30 plan indefinitely provided they keep the plan active, keep a 4G phone on the line and don't change to different plan.
- The plan includes nationwide coverage, unlimited voice calling, unlimited text messaging, unlimited data (first 250 MB at full speeds), voicemail, 3-way calling, call waiting and caller ID.
- The only available add-ons are CallerID Blocking, MetroGuard phone insurance and Data Top Up.
Source: Howard Forums
Why I Hope MetroPCS Winds Up With T-Mobile, Not Sprint
T-Mobile USA and MetroPCS to Merge
Samsung Galaxy SIII Coming to MetroPCS in October for $499
MetroPCS $25 Unlimited Plan is Back