Cricket's first LTE smartphone is now available. It's the previously leaked LG MSM8960 which Cricket is calling the LG Optimus Regard and is now available from Cricket stores for $249.99. It was also available online at www.mycricket.com at the discounted price of $229.99 but quickly sold out. The phone appears to be available in all Cricket native markets. The Optimus Regard's specs are listed as:
- Processor: 1.2 Mhz Dual-Core ARMv7 Processor
- OS: Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwitch)
- Screen: 3.5 inch 320x480px, Gorilla Glass
- Memory: 1 GB RAM, 8 GB Internal memory
- Camera: 5 MP with LED flash and 1280p HD video recording plus front facing VGA camera for video calls
- Software Features: Dolby Mobile, DLNA, Mobile Hotspot. Tethering support for up to 5 devices
- Battery: 1700 mAh, 5.4 hours of talk time, 290 hours standby
- Dimensions: 4.37 x 2.39 x 0.45 in. (111 x 61 x 11.43 mm)
- Weight: 4.72 oz (134 gm)
Cricket launched 4G LTE in eight new markets. The new LTE cities are Philadelphia, Phoenix, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Laredo, Corpus Christi and Brownsville-McAllen-Harlingen, Texas. They join Cricket's existing markets of Tuscon and Las Vegas. Cricket's LTE service now covers approximately 21 million potential customers.
The Samsung Galaxy S III will be available on Cricket Nov. 23, 2012. Samsung's flagship will be Cricket's second LTE phone. It will be priced at $549.99.
The Galaxy S III is arguably the most powerful CDMA Android device available and features a 4.8 inch HD Super AMOLED touch-screen, 1.5 GHz dual core processor, Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) operating system, 2100 mAh Li-Ion battery, 8 megapixel main camera with LED flash and a 1.9 megapixel HD front facing camera.
Source: Leap Wireless via Phone Scoop