Most Sprint devices should work with the following exceptions:
- Device must not be currently active on Sprint.
- Device must not be blacklisted as lost or stolen.
- LTE phones, Google Nexus, BlackBerrys, iPhones and Push To Talk phones can't be used.
- HTC EVO 4G
- Samsung Galaxy SII (Epic Touch 4G)
- LG Optimus S
- HTC EVO 3D 4G
- Motorola Photon 4G (not the Motorola Photon Q)
Ting uses the Sprint network with off-network voice-only roaming on Verizion and regional CDMA networks in areas where Sprint does not offer service (coverage map).
Ting's pricing model is unusual. There's a $6 per phone base fee that doesn't include any airtime and is charged whether you use the phone or not. On top of that users are charged for buckets of minutes, messaging and data. For example, the first 100 minutes costs $3. Use more and you are are automatically moved to the next tier ($8 for up to 500 minutes) for the current month. Here's a table listing all the tiers.
|Text Messages (domestic and international)||$0||100||1000||2000||4000||6000|
|Cost||$0||$3||$13||$24||$42||$60||2.25¢ per MB|
Source: Ting Blog via FierceWireless