Update 11/15/2012: The Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II is now available for $369.99 on the Virgin Mobile website.
Rumors of Virgin Mobile getting the Samsung Galaxy S II 4G have been swirling around the interwebs since before the S II was released for Boost on Sept. 6. We now have some pretty reliable confirmation that Virgin will indeed get last years Samsung flagship before the holidays.
An Android Forums member who is apparently a Virgin Mobile store manager has posted scans of the two holiday themed promotional fliers for the phone pictured above which show that the phone is coming to Virgin. Several tech news sites are saying that the Virgin Mobile SII will be released Nov 15, 2012 for $369.99 although Virgin Mobile has not made an official announcement of the phone's availability or price.
Although its been superseded by the Galaxy S III as Samsung's flagship, the S II is still a formidable phone and will be by far the most powerful Android device in the Virgin Mobile lineup. Here are the specs:
- Screen: 4.52 inch 480 x 800 px Super AMOLED Plus Gorilla Glass
- Main Camera: 8 MP with auto focus,LED flash and 1080o video recording at 30 Fps
- Front Facing Camera: 2 MP for video calling
- Processor: dual core 1.2 Mhz Samsung Exynos 4210, Mali-400 MP GPU
- Memory: Ram 1 GB, Internal media memory: 16 GB, External microSD up to 32 GB
- Sensors: Light and proximity
- Radios: 800, 1900 Mhz EV-DO Rev A, 2500 Mhz WiMAX, Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n; Bluetooth 3.0
- Ports: microUSB 2.0, USB On-the-go, HDMI out, 3.5 mm headphone
- Battery: removable, 1900 mAh, up to 8.4 hours talk time and 10.5 days standby
- Dimensions: 5.11x2.74x0.38 in (130x70x10 mm)
- Weight: 4.6 oz (130g)
Source and Images: Android Forums