The GoSmartMobile site confirms everything about the new service that we reported yesterday based on leaked documents obtained by TmoNews.com.
But there's a lot of new information, including:
The $45 month plan will include 5GB of 3G data at speeds "appropriate for usage that requires more bandwidth, such as streaming video or downloading large files or applications". After 5 GB speeds will be reduced to 2G levels.
list of countries covered by the international add-ons. The list is quite extensive and includes calling to some countries like the Philippines that most other unlimited international packages don't.
SIM cards are available on the site for $8. There's also a single phone available, the ALCATEL OT 838 for $69. It's a QWERTY candy bar feature phone with a 2 MP camera, WiFi, a 2.4 inch screen, MP3 player, FM radio, streaming video support and Facebook integration with a dedicated Facebook button. There's a $20 rebate available if you purchase and activate the phone and add at least $60 to your account within 45 days of activation.
There are three prepaid monthly plans available at launch:
- $30/month Unlimited Talk and Text, including picture messaging but no other data
- $35/month Unlimited Talk Text and Web at "2G" speeds
- $45/month Unlimited Talk Text and "high speed data" with the first 5 GB at "3G" speeds
- $5/month unlimited international text (but not picture) messaging
- $10/month unlimited texting and calls to landline numbers in selected (list) countries