Today Sprint announced that the Boost Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III would be available starting June 12 at Boost Mobile stores, independent wireless dealers and at www.boostmobile.com with free shipping. It will also be available later in June in retail chains like BestBuy and Radio Shack.
According to Boost and Virgin mobile master dealer (wholesaler) HyperperLink's monthly PDF newsletter to independent Boost and Virgin dealers, the Virgin Mobile version of the Samsung Galaxy S II will also be available sometime in June for the same $299.99 price. Update: Virgin Mobile has confirmed on their Facebook page that the VM version of the S III will also launch June 12.
The Boost Galaxy S III requires a Boost Mobile Android Plan. There are two plans available:
- $55 Android Monthly Unlimited plan with Shrinking Payments which includes unlimited nationwide talk, text and picture messaging, Web, email and calls to 411. For every six on-time payments, the plan cost shrinks by $5, to as low as $40 a month. Payments do not need to be consecutive to qualify for the next savings milestone.
- $3 Android Daily Unlimited Plan which also includes which includes unlimited nationwide talk, text and picture messaging, Web, email and calls to 411.
- 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED screen
- Network: CDMA/1xRTT, EVDO, LTE (LTE is now available in 88 markets nationwide).
- Processor: dual core 1.5GHz Qualcomm MSM8960
- 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with zero shutter-lag, 1080p video capture and 720p playback and a 1.9-megapixel front-facing camera
- Android 4.1.2, Jelly Bean
- Dimensions: 5.38 x 2.78 x 0.34 inches (136.6 × 70.7 × 8.6 mm)
- Weight: 4.7 Ounces (133 g)
- Battery: 2100mAh, Standby: 3G: Up to 12.5 Days; 4G: Up to 8.3 Days, Talk Time Up to 9 hours
- Bluetooth: 4.0, Supported Profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HID, HFP, PBAP, HSP, OPP, SPP;
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct
- Connectivity: micro USB with USB On-The-Go, 3.5 mm stereo headphone jack, Near Field Communication (NFC) with support for Google Wallet.
- Internal Memory RAM (2GB), ROM (16GB)
- External Memory: Up to 64GB microSD
- S Beam™ lets share large video files, photos, documents and more just by tapping the back of two S Beam-enabled devices together.
- Share Shot lets you share photos in real-time with a group of friends at an event. No Wi-Fi access point required and photos are saved directly into a folder in the smartphone’s gallery.
- AllShare® Play allows access to your content anytime from virtually anywhere. This feature can be used to instantly share files between your Galaxy S III and your tablet, PC and TV
- Improved gesture user interface with new gestures for quick camera access, missed event alert, tap to top of list, screen shot, quick pause, quick rotate, turn over to mute, shake to refresh, and raise phone to ear to make a call from messaging.
- Smart sleep feature disables screen timeout if the device detects that your eyes are looking at the screen so your screen does not go dark.
- Samsung TecTiles™ enable you to set an alarm, call or text a contact, or update your Facebook status and more with just one tap of your phone.
- Video Picture in Picture Multi-tasking lets you play a video anywhere on your screen while running other tasks.