Simple Mobile, which is owned by America Movil's Tracfone division, has made major changes to its monthly unlimited plans. There used to be two monthly plans.
- $40/month - unlimited voice, messaging and data. Data speeds were throttled to about 256 Kbps (which Simple calls "3G. Although throttled data was supposed to be unlimited, users reported having their data cut off after about 3GB.
- $50/month - unlimited voice, messaging and data. High speed data was supposedly unlimited but users reported throttling to about 256 Kbps after 2 GB and having their data shut off after 3 GB.
- $40/month: 500 MB at "4G" (presumably un-throttled) speeds, then "3G" speeds until you hit 3GB total usage and then unlimited "2G data.
- $50/month: 2.5 GB at "4G" speeds, "3G" speeds until 4 GB, then unlimited "2G"
- $60/month: 4 GB of "4G" then "3G" speeds until 4.5 GB, then unlimited "2G"
This is an interesting move by Tracfone which has long advertised unlimited high speed data on the top plans with its Simple Mobile NET10 and Straight Talk brands