VirginMobileUSA.com Mobile USA is having a one day only sale on their top Android phone, the Samsung Galaxy S III. During the sale the S III is priced at $279.99, while supplies last. That's $120 off the phone's regular $399.99 price.
I'm not sure exactly when the sale will start but Virgin Mobile's sales typically begin around 7AM Eastern time.
Key Galaxy S III specs:
- 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED screen
- Network: CDMA/1xRTT, EVDO, LTE (LTE is now available in 230 markets nationwide)
- Processor: dual core 1.5GHz Qualcomm MSM8960
- 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with zero shutter-lag, 1080p video capture and 720p playback and a 1.9-megapixel front-facing camera
- Android 4.1.2, Jelly Bean
- Dimensions: 5.38 x 2.78 x 0.34 inches (136.6 × 70.7 × 8.6 mm)
- Weight: 4.7 Ounces (133 g)
- Battery: 2100mAh, Standby: 3G: Up to 12.5 Days; 4G: Up to 8.3 Days, Talk Time Up to 9 hours
- Bluetooth: 4.0, Supported Profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HID, HFP, PBAP, HSP, OPP, SPP;
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct
- Connectivity: micro USB with USB On-The-Go, 3.5 mm stereo headphone jack, Near Field Communication (NFC) with support for Google Wallet.
- Internal Memory RAM (2GB), ROM (16GB)
- External Memory: Up to 64GB microSD
The Galaxy S III can be used on any of Virgin's Beyond Talk plans, which start at $35/month for unlimited LTE or 3G data (throttled to "3G speeds" after 2.5 GB) , unlimited text and picture messaging and 300 voice minutes.
$279.99 is the best price I've seen yet for an off-contract S III. I wouldn't be surprised if the phone sells out before the sale is scheduled to end.