Virgin Mobile is running a promotion where new customers can get three months of free service.
The three months free deal is vaguely related to the "Virgin Mobile Catsie Awards" contest that Virgin is running. You submit a photo of your cat to enter the contest. The winner gets a Samsung Galaxy S5, $55 airtime card, wireless charger, remote control for the S5's camera, a "Cat Scratch DJ booth" and a bow tie for their cat.
However you don't need to enter or even own a cat to get the three months free deal. All you do need to is:
- Buy a Samsung Galaxy S 5, Galaxy S III, Galaxy Ring or Galaxy Victory from virginmobileusa.com before 7AM EST 6/24/14
- Activate the phone on new line of service on a $35/month or higher Virgin Beyond Talk plan and pay for the first month of service by 11:59PM ET 7/5/14
The deal is good for activations on all three current Beyond Talk plans.
- $35.00 month - unlimited messaging, unlimited* data and 300 minutes
- $45.00 month - unlimited messaging, unlimited* data and 1200 minutes
- $55.00 month - unlimited messaging, unlimited* data and unlimited minutes
Not a bad deal if Sprint coverage works for you, especially if you're in an LTE market (all the eligible phones except the Samsung Galaxy Ring support LTE), and you fancy one of the eligible Samsung phones. The Samsung Galaxy Ring is currently on sale for $99.99, the Samsung Galaxy Victory is $149.99, the Samsung Galaxy S III is $249.99 and the Samsung Galaxy S5 is $599.99.