Cricket Wireless prepaid brand announced that Cricket customers on $40 and higher plans will be getting more high speed data stating with their next monthly plan renewal.
There are three plans getting the increase:
- The $40 Basic Plan's high-speed data doubles from 500MB to 1GB per month
- The $50 Smart Plan gets an increase from 2.5GB to 3 GB per month
- The $60 Pro Plan goes from 5GB to 10GB per month
All three plans include unlimited voice minutes and messaging and unlimited data throttled to 128Kbps for the rest of the plan month after the high speed allotment is used up. High-Speed data is throttled to a maximum of 8 Mbps for LTE data and 4 Mbps for HSPA+. Additional high-speed data is available at $10 for 1GB good for a month.
Cricket also offers a number of discounts and promotions that can cut the the cost of service even further:
- There's Group Save family discount for accounts with more than one line. The discount ranges from $10 on two lines to $100 on five lines. That makes the cost of five lines on the $40 plan just $100/month or $20 per line.
- Individual users can get a $5/month discount for enrolling in auto-pay
- Customers who stay with Cricket for a year get a $50 credit toward a new phone
- Through October 19, 2014, Cricket will give customers who port a number from T-Mobile or T-Mobile owned MetroPCS a $100 account credit
For more about Cricket see: Prepaid Operator Profile: Cricket Wireless (GSM)
Source: Cricket Wireless, Image Faccbook