- The $2 free service credit with new activations is being eliminated.
- A service PIN will be required with all new activations and port ins. It will no longer be possible to activate a phone without purchasing service.
- Contrary to earlier rumors, switching between a 4G phone and a 3G phone or vice versa will not change the user's current plan, activation date or balance.
- As expected, only Verizon LTE phones will be allowed on plans that have LTE enabled. The message doesn't say anything about non-Verizon phones on non-LTE plans so it looks like it may still be possible to activate flashed Sprint, etc. phones for 3G-only service after the LTE release
Here's the full text of PagePlus' email to it dealers:
4G LTE Update #2
Dear Page Plus Dealer:
We first notified you on 9/9 the exciting news that 4G LTE service is coming to Page Plus in October. Here are a couple of new updates on this, and we will continue to update you as new information becomes available.
- New policy regarding ALL (3G and 4G) activations: When 4G launches, all new activations and port-ins will require that a plan PIN be applied to the new account at the time of activation. In the case of port-ins, the PIN will be in a reserved state until the port completes.
- In conjunction with the above, we will no longer provide a complimentary $2.00 credit on the account at activation.
- Compatible LTE devices and Page Plus SIM cards are required for Page Plus 4G LTE. LTE devices from other carriers will not work. For more information on compatible devices, please contact dealer support.
- ESN swaps: You will NOT be able to perform an ESN swap between a 3G device and a 4G device. You WILL be able to do a 3G-to-3G swap, and a 4G-to-4G swap (simply by swapping the SIM cards).
- The importance of power cycling: When making any changes to the account of a 4G device, it will require power cycling the device to get the changes to go through.
- Temporary numbers: We will no longer be using temporary phone numbers to port in, for both 3G and 4G. The plan PIN from a port-in activation will be held until the port completes, then applied, rather than moving a plan/balance from a temporary number.
- Device upgrades/downgrades: Upgrading from a 3G to a 4G device, and downgrading from a 4G to a 3G device, will not impact the active plan or expiration date. This applies to customers staying on the SAME PLAN and just upgrading/downgrading their device.
And here's a recap of the info we previously sent you:
- With the exception of The 12 plan, all other monthly plans will be available for 4G devices, at 4G LTE data speeds, with no increase in the monthly plan prices. 3G service will also still be available for all plans. Upon device activation, our system will detect the device type and assign it to 3G or 4G service accordingly.
- 4G LTE SIM cards will be Page Plus specific. They will be available through your Master Agent in October.Please don't call the dealer relations team with questions about 4G LTE, as the internal training materials are still being developed, and our CSRs will not have the answers to your questions.