Virgin Mobile has announced in its The Beat newsletter to dealers that it will begin offering several new plans on Oct. 4. The new plan lineup will consist of:
- $20/month 300 minutes, unlimited texts, no data
- $35/month unlimited minutes and messaging, 250 MB of high speed data, unlimited throttled data
- $35/month 300 minutes, unlimited messaging, 2.5 GB of high speed data, unlimited throttled data (existing plan)
- $45/month unlimited minutes and messaging, 1 GB of high speed data, unlimited throttled data, unlimited international texts, 100 minutes of international calling to over 70 countries.
- $55/month unlimited minutes and messaging, 3 GB of high speed data, unlimited throttled data, unlimited international texts, 100 minutes of international calling to over 70 countries
It looks like the new $45 unlimited talk, 1 GB plan replaces the current $45 plan which includes 1200 minutes, unlimited messaging and 2.5 GB of data. Virgin Mobile typically grandfathers legacy plans so current $45 plan users should be able to keep the $45 1200 minutes 2.5 GB plan if they want.
Virgin Mobile also announced two new international calling amd messaging add-ons:
- $5/Month International - unlimited international text messaging, unlimited calling to all of Mexico (landline only), unlimited calling to Canada (landline and mobile, excludes Northern territory (area code 867))
- $10/Month International+ - includes all the features of the $5 plan plus 1,000 minutes to Mexican mobile numbers, unlimited calling to over 70 countries (landlines only) and discounted calling rates to over 200 countries.