Boost Mobile will be offering the LG G2 for $279.99 beginning Nov. 21. This news comes from the latest issue of The Beat, Sprint prepaid Group's monthly newsletter for Boost and Virgin Mobile dealers. The newsletter doesn't say whether Boost will be getting the 16GB or 32GB version of the G2 but it does show both a black G2 and a white one so presumably both colors will be available.
Launched in Nov, 2013, the G2 was LG's flagship until the release of the G3 this year. It's considered comparable the the Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One M7 and is notable for being the the smallest and lightest phone on the market with a 5.2 inch screen. It should perform nearly as well as Boost's current Android flagship, the $599.99 Samsung Galaxy S5 for less than half the price.
LG G2 Specs:
- Screen 5.2" (1920 x 1080) Full HD IPS Gorilla Glass
- CPU: Snapdragon™ 800 2.26 GHz Quad-Core
- OS: Android™ 4.4.2, KitKat®
- Rear-Facing Camera: 13 MP Full HD with Optical Image Stabilization, Autofocus, LED Flash and video capture up to 1920 x 1080 (60 fps; 30 fps default)
- Front-Facing Camera: 2.1 MP Full HD with Camcorder
- Internal Memory: 32GB (Up to 24 GB for User Memory)
- RAM: 2GB
- Network: CDMA/EVDO 800/850/1900; LTE b25/b26/b41; GSM 850/900/1800/1900; UMTS 850/1900/2100; LTE CAT 3, HSPA+ 21 Mbps
- WiFi: 802.11a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth: 4.0
- NFC: supports Google Wallet and Android Beam for sharing files
- QRemote™: Control compatible TVs, Blu-ray™ players, cable provider set-top boxes, and more via infrared.
- Status LED: Colored and patterned light for alerts like alarms, calendar reminders, new messages, missed calls, etc.
- Hearing Aid Compatibility: M3/T4-2011
- Battery: 3,000 mAh, Up to 17 hours and 40 minutes talk time
- Dimensions: 5.45" (H) x 2.79" (W) x 0.35" (D)
- Weight: 5.04 oz