Sprint MVNO Republic Wireless is launching the second generation Motorola Moto X, tomorrow December 10th. The 16 GB version will be available for $
The Republic 2nd gen Moto X will also be available at the same price tomorrow from Motorola's MotoMaker website which allows the customer to customize their phone's colors, wallpaper and start-up message or have a message engraved on the back. You can also upgrade to the 32 GB model at MotoMaker for $50 extra.
The 2nd gen Moto X is Motorola's current flagship model. It features Android KitKat, a 5.2" 1920x1080px full HD AMOLED screen, 13MP rear and 2MP front cameras, 2.5GHz Snapdragon quad-core CPU, 2GB RAM, 16 or 32GB of internal memory. It supports Sprint's Triband LTE.
The Moto X also has a number of unique software features including:
- Moto Voice: Lets you make calls, check the weather, get directions, etc., without touching any physical buttons by using your voice
- Moto Display: Check the time or see notifications pulse quietly on the screen without waking up the phone.
- Moto Actions: Respond to your Moto X with gestures without having to touch the phone. Wave your hand above the phone to silence calls or alarms. Or launch the camera with two flicks of your wrist.
- Moto Assist: Moto X can tell if you're in a moving vehicle and automatically read incoming text messages aloud or tell who's calling. It can automatically respond with a text reply to let people know you're behind the wheel.
- $40/month for unlimited talk, text and data over WiFi, Sprint EVDO 3G and LTE 4G
- $25/month for unlimited talk, text and data over WiFi and Sprint EVDO 3G (no LTE)
- $10/month for unlimited talk and text on WiFI and Sprint with no data except when you are on WiFi
- $5/month for WiFi only use, including WiFi calling
Republic is unusual among Sprint MVNOs in that off-network voice roaming is included at no extra charge. Data roaming is available too but is limited to 25MB/month, voice and text roaming is unlimited.
Source Republic Wireless via PRWeb