Droid-Life.com is reporting that AT&T will be making some changes to its GoPhone plan lineup this Wednesday, Feb. 18. According to Droid-Life's unnamed source:
- The $60/month plan's high speed data allowance is increasing from 2.5 to 4 GB per month
- The $45/month smartphone plan's high speed data allowance is increasing from 1 to 1.5 GB per month
- There will be a new $30/month plan with unlimited talk and text, including unlimited calls to Canada, Mexico and 100 other international destinations. This plan will not include any data but there will be an option to add 100 MB for $5/month
- The $2/day (charged only on days used) unlimited talk and text plan will get an option to add 100 MB of data, good for one day, for $1
If the $30 plan is a reality, I also expect the current $25/month 250 minutes, unlimited texts, no data plan will be discontinued.
Update 2/17/15: AT&T published a blog post this morning confirming that high speed data on the $45 plan would be increased for 1 to 1.5 GB on the $45 plan and from 2.5 GB to 4 GB on the $60 plan. The $60 plan is also getting unlimited calling to Mexico. The changes are effective February 20.
AT&T's blog post says nothing about the other rumored changes, a new $30 plan and a data add-on for the $2 daily plan.
Update 2/18/15: The new GoPhone plans are live in the system. AT&T's website hasn't been updated yet and is still showing the old plans. However:
- HowardForums Users are reporting seeing the increased data amounts of 1.5 GB on the $45 plan and 4 GB on the $60 plan in their MyAT&T online dashboard (images, below).
- The new $30 plan is now available in the activation system for GoPhone dealers. Contrary to the original rumor, the $30 plan does not include any international calling.
- The new $1 daily data pass add-on for $2 Daily plan is also listed in dealer activation system (image, bottom).
- I believe, but haven't been able to confirm, that the $40 500 minutes, 500 MB plan and the $25 250 minute monthly plan have been discontinued and are no longer available to new users.
Click the images to view full size.
Related: Prepaid Operator Profile: AT&T GoPhone