Boost Mobile launched a bunch of new promotions today. From now until Sept 30 new and existing customers can get various combinations of free or discounted phones, free months of service or an extra 2 GB of data per month.
Boost is calling the promos JOIN (for new activations), SWITCH (for port-ins) and UPGRADE (for current customers). Here are the details of each:
JOIN: New customers activating a new Boost line of service (no port in required) on a monthly plan can get $50 to $70 off the price of select new phones plus a free month of service. Or they can get $100 off iPhones and Samsung Galaxies without the free month. Eligible phones and discounts are:
- $50 off the $99.99 HTC Desire 510 and a free month
- $70 off the $99.99 Moto E, Kyocera Hydro ICON, Kyocera Vibe or LG Tribute 2 and a free month
- $100 off all Samsung Galaxy phones and iPhones priced at $200 or more (no free month)
The JOIN offers can't be combined with any Boost Mobile Port-in Promotion or rebate promotion.
SWITCH: New customers who port a number to Boost from a non-Sprint based operator and activate on any Boost Mobile monthly plan can get a free basic smartphone or a credit of $100 to $150 dollars toward a more expensive device. Options are:
- Free Nokia Lumia 635, LG Tribute 2, Kyocera Icon, ZTE Speed, Moto E LTE, Kyocera Vibe or LG Volt,
- $100 off the $129.99 ZTE Warp Sync, $129.99 Samsung Prevail LTE, $154.99 CPO Samsung Galaxy 3, $279.99 CPO iPhone 5c or $329 CPO iPhone 5s
- $150 credit toward the $249.99 Samsung Galaxy S III, $329.99 Samsung Galaxy S4, $499.99 Samsung Galaxy S4, $649.99 Samsung Galaxy S5, $299.99 iPhone 5c 8GB, $349.99 iPhone 5c 16 GB, $449.99 iPhone 5s 16 GB, $549.99 iPhone 6 16 GB or $649.99 iPhone 6 Plus 16 GB
UPGRADE: For current customers who have been with Boost for at least 60 days can get their choice of:
- A new Boost Mobile Moto E, Kyocera Hydro ICON, Kyocera Vibe or LG Tribute 2 for $29.99.
- An HTC Desire 510 for $49.99.
- $100 off all Samsung Galaxy phones and iPhones priced at $200 or more.
2 GB of high speed data for life: All customers who have been on a
After the customer texts BOOST2GB to 8005 they will receive a text with a link to the promotion's eligibility rules. Within 40 days, customers will receive another text advising if they qualify for the offer which qualifying customers will begin receiving within their next 2 billing cycles.
Customers get to keep the extra 2 GB for as long as they stay on their existing monthly plan This offer is available to all Boost monthly plan customers and does not require a store visit.
Update: Boost customers on any Boost monthly plan except the Slash Your Data in Half plans are eligible for the 2 GB of extra high speed data promotion. I had my doubts that grandfathered plan users would be eligible for the promo until a user sent the screenshots below showing that he is on a grandfathered Shrinkage plan and the reply that he got from Boost confirming the extra 2 GB after he texted BOOST2GB to 8005.
These promotions are in addition the ongoing Slash Your Bill in Half promo that gives customers porting from T-Mobile, T-Mobile MVNOs and Puerto Rico's Claro and Open Mobile half priced service for their first year and an HTC Desire 510 for $49.99.
Boost Mobile Launches Add-On Data Packs, Extends Expiring Promos & Expands Mexico Add-On Availability
Prepaid Operator Profile: Boost Mobile