ASUS and AT&T issued a joint press release today announcing the release of the AT&T GoPhone ASUS ZenFone 2E for $119.99. The E in 2E apparently stands for economy as the new model seems to be a lower end version of ASUS' flagship ZenFone 2. The 2E's specs include:
- Processor: 1.6 Mhz dual core Intel Atom Clover Trail+ processor
- OS: Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with ZenUI
- Memory: 1 GB RAM, 8 GB Internal storage, micro-SD card slot supporting up to 64 GB cards
- Screen: 5-inch IPS Gorilla Glass 3 with 1280x720 (HD) resolution, 294ppi pixel density and anti-fingerprint coating
- Cameras: 8MP main camera with F/2.0 aperture, auto-focus, LED flash, 5-element lens and 1080p HD video recording. 2 MP front facing camera
- Network: 2G 850/900/1800/1900; 3G 850/900/1900/2100; LTE 2/3/4/5/7/17/20
- Battery: 2500mAh non-removable
- Dimensions: 5.83" x 2.81" x 0.43"
- Weight: 5.47 oz
- Comes with interchangeable black and white rear covers
The ASUS ZenFone 2E is available now at Walmart and Target, at AT&T stores starting July 24, 2015 and at Best Buy on August 2, 2015.