T-Mobile's MetroPCS prepaid brand launched a new promotion today. With it customers who port a number to MetroPCS can get a free Samsung LG Leon, Galaxy Core Prime or Kyocera Wave LTE Android phone and an extra 1 GB per month of high speed data. As usual with promotions, there are a number of conditions you need to meet to take advantage of the offer:
- It's available from July 20, 2015 to
September 30, 2015Jan. 4, 2016 at MetroPCS stores only, not online.
- The customer must port a number from a non-T-Mobile network based operator.
- The phone is free after an instant-rebate of $129, purchaser must pay sales tax if required by state and local laws.
- Limit of 5 rebates per household.
- Subject to phone availability, no rain checks.
- Can't be combined with Add-A-Line instant rebate or any MetroPCS mail-in rebate.
- Customer must activate on a $40 or higher plan to get the 1 GB of extra data which they can keep as long as they are an active MetroPCS customer on a non-promotional MetroPCS plan that includes data.
The promotion's added GB of high speed data gives MetroPCS' $40 plan 3 GB of high speed data and the $50 plan 5 GB. Both plans also include unlimited talk and messaging and unlimited data throttled to 128 Kbps after the high speed data is used up. There's a $5/month multi-line discount on each line for accounts with two to five phones. Using the phone as a hotspot is permitted and there are no taxes on MetroPCS plans.
Update: The offer has been extended until 1/ 4/16 and the LG Leon and Kyocera Wave have been added to the list of eligible phones.
Related Post: Prepaid Operator Profile: MetroPCS