Last week AT&T announced that GoPhone $60 plan users would get 4 GB of high speed data at no extra cost while roaming in Mexico and Canada as well as unlimited talk and text from the US to Mexico and Canada. But they didn't say anything about talk and text roaming in Mexico or Canada leaving everyone wondering if that was an oversight or they really intended to make users pay roaming rates for talk and messaging but not data. It turns out to be an oversight.
Today the GoPhone Plans page was finally updated to say that unlimited talk and messaging as well as 4 GB of high speed data is included while roaming in Mexico and Canada. International use must not exceed 50% of total use per month for more than three consecutive months.
When AT&T's Cricket Wireless announced last month that customers on the prepaid brands's $50 Smart and $60 Pro plans will get free Mexican voice and text roaming starting August 2 they also said that the plans would get Canadian voice and text roaming sometime in August. Sometime turns out to be last Sunday August 23. That's the day the Cricket site's Plans Matrix was updated to say that Canadian roaming was now available. Users report that Cricket and GoPhone are roaming on Telcel in Mexico and Rogers in Canada.
Business reseller Harbor Mobile, which is switching to reselling AT&T service instead of T-Mobile, stopped activating new accounts over a month ago. They had announced Monday August 24th as the day they would begin accepting new customers on AT&T. It didn't happen, Harbor customer service is now telling callers that activations will begin tomorrow August 26.
As we reported last week, BYO Wireless ( ) a Verizon and T-Mobile MVNO that is being merged into its parent company, Lifeline provider Budget Mobile effective September 1, 2015, will have different plans in different states. I've been trying with no success so far to get Budget/BYO to give me a list of plans for all fifty states. BYO has been sending users emails listing the plans in only their states. I published the plans for California and Texas in last week's post. Here are plans for two more states that PrepaidPhoneNews readers sent me:
- $5 - 100 minutes, 100 texts, no data.
- $12.75 -250 minutes, 250 texts, no data.
- $15 - 350 minutes, unlimited texts, 50 MB data.
- $20 - 500 minutes, unlimited texts, 250 MB data.
- $30 - 1000 minutes, unlimited texts, 400 MB data.
- $40 - unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, 500 MB data.
- $5 - 100 minutes OR 1000 texts OR 100 MB.
- $10 - 250 minutes OR 2000 texts OR 250 MB.
- $15 - 400 minutes OR 4000 texts OR 400 MB.
- $5 - 100 minutes, 100 texts, 20 MB data.
- $10 -250 minutes, 250 texts, 50 MB data.
- $20 - 500 minutes, unlimited texts, 500 MB data.
- $25 - unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, no data.
- $40 - unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, 1 GB data.
- $55 - unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, 3 GB data.
- $70 - unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, 500 MB data.
- $5 - 1000 texts OR 250 MB
- $10 - 2000 texts OR 500 MB.
- $15 - 500 minutes OR 4000 texts OR 1 GB.
AT&T GoPhone $60 Plan Users to Get 4GB of High Speed Data While Roaming in Mexico and Canada
Cricket To Include Mexico and Canada Roaming With $50 and $60 Plans
Budget Mobile Absorbing BYO Wireless, Plans Changing For The Worse
Plans and Pricing Revealed For Harbor Mobile's AT&T Relaunch