RingPlus has opened their Future Free Plan to new subscribers today, Sept 29 from 9 AM to 9 PM PDT. Here are the details from the RingPlus' Discourse forum:
- The plan includes 1000 minutes, 1000 texts and 1000 MBs of data per month for free
- If you have an inactive Sprint network device that you want to use for this promotion you can activate it here.
- If you don’t already have a Sprint phone to activate, you can buy an HTC Desire 510 (B-Stock) for $50 in the RingPlus Store.
- The plan requires users to maintain a cash balance in the account at all times. The balance can be used for overages which are billed at 2 cents per minute, text, or MB and to pay for services like phone swaps and phone number changes (99¢), MMS (4¢), roaming (14¢/min, 55¢/MB) and international calls. The minimum topup is $5 plus tax. The credit card on file will be automatically charged $5.00 to top up the balance every time it reaches zero.
- To qualify for this plan new users also need to share a link to this CNet article about RingPlus on Twitter, include the #ringplus hashtag in their Tweet and link their Twitter account to their RingPlus account.
- To link your Twitter account to your RingPlus account, after you have activated you phone go to your RingPlus Dashboard, click the Your Social Networks button and then click the Connect to your Twitter Account button.