Cricket Wireless announced price cuts on several phones and a new port-in promotion and said it was the first part of a two part holiday promotion. On their Facebook page, Cricket implied that the second part of promotion would happen latter the same day. But the promised second part never appeared leading to much grumbling and consternation among the Cricket faithful.
It looks like part two of Cricket's Holiday promotion has finally dropped. Unfortunately it's not the return of the 20 GB for $60 that many expected but it is still a pretty good deal. Read on for the details.
Today through December 6, 2015, new or current Cricket customers who activate a new line of service by porting a phone number to Cricket get a $100 Cricket Shopping Card that can be used to purchase Cricket phones and accessories or to pay for their monthly Cricket service plans. The $100 offer is open to customers who bring their own phone as well as to those who buy a new phone from Cricket
The $100 Cricket Shopping Card Offer can be combined with last week's port-in offer which made five phones free after mail in rebates and reduces the price of two other phones for customers porting a number to Cricket. The free and discounted after rebate phones are:
- Nokia Lumia 635 LTE Windows Phone, was $29.99, now $19.99, free after rebate
- LG Risio LTE Android phone, was $49.99, now $29.99, free after rebate
- ZTE Sonata 2 Android phone $29.99, free after rebate
- ZTE Overture 2 LTE Android phone $39.99, free after rebate
- Motorola Moto E 4G LTE Android phone, was $79.99, now $49.99, free after rebate
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime reg $99.99 - $20 instant port-in discount - $50 mail in rebate = $29.99 after rebate
- LG G Stylo LTE Android phablet reg $149.99 - $50 instant port-in discount - $50 mail in rebate = $49.99 after rebate
- The ported number must be activated on a $40 or higher plan
- Ports from AT&T or AT&T MVNOs are not eligible.
- Limit 5 rebates per account.
- The line must be active and in good standing and the customer must pay for their second month of service within 45 days of activation to get the rebate.
- The rebate is in the form of a gift card that can only be used at Cricket stores and cricketwireless.com.
Sources News release, Cricket