A few days ago, T-Mobile held its 10th Uncarrier X event in Los Angeles with a big announcement. Responding to its customers' demand for mobile entertainment, they have made mobile video available to all. With this, T-Mobile users could already start enjoying video streaming on their subscriptions under channels such as HBO, Netflix, Hulu, WatchESPN, Sling TV, STARZ, SHOWTIME, and many more.
Another announcement they made during the event was their decision to increase their data caps on their Simple Choice plans by up to twice as much. The changes to these plans include:
- 1GB increased to 2GB of high speed data
- 3GB increased to 6GB of high speed data
- 5GB increased to 10GB of high speed data
Unfortunately, all the excitement over these new features offered by T-Mobile made people forget to check the prices on most of their Simple Choice data plans, especially if you prefer unlimited. On their website, the plans tell a different story:
- 1GB plan increased to 2GB for $50 (same price)
- 3GB plan increased to 6GB for $65 (previously $60)
- 5GB plan increased to 10GB for $80 (previously $70)
- Unlimited plan doubled to 14GB hotspot data for $95 (previously $80)
As for the Binge On feature, T-Mobile just clarified a 20GB cap on Data Stash. What this means is that customers won't be able to stock up their device with different HD streaming throughout the year because of the 20GB limit. But since it's opt-out, you can choose to do so until Dec. 16.
Update: T-Mobile has not yet verified whether the price hike will apply to their Prepaid Simple Choice consumers.