In an email sent to RingTo customers earlier today, the company confirmed that the transition to a paid service has been delayed to a future date. So when will this paid service officially start? That hasn't been determined yet.
RingTo, however, has confirmed that starting April 1st, their Terms of Service will be changed to include the following service adjustments:
- 2,500 Inbound and Outbound SMS text messages combined per month
- 300 Outbound and/or Call Forwarded minutes combined per month
- Existing RingTo users with a ported number will be able to keep using the service at no cost. On April 11, however, a new TOS will become effective. If your account does not have a phone number associated with it, RingTo will automatically terminate your service.
- If you are a GrooVe IP user, you should have received an email notification advising you of the new GrooVe IP experience. In order to keep using the service, you need to migrate to the new service before March 31st.
- For Obihai users still attached to RingTo, you may have already received a different email notifying you of these changes. You have until March 31st to keep enjoying RingTo's service.