Boost Mobile Family Plans launched today. They offer discounts of up to $75 per month for customers with multiple lines of service. Unlike Boost's previous Family plans, which were only offered at Boost dealers, the new ones are also available online.
Current Boost customers can switch to a Family Plan using the My Account section of the Boost website. Customers who switch to a Family Plan mid month will lose any remaining airtime. The Boost site lets users schedule to switch at the end of the current month to avoid losing paid for service.
New customers can choose a Family Plan when they activate their phone online, in store or by calling Boost.
The first user to sign up is the primary account holder and can invite friends and family members to join their plan. You need to know the other person's Boost phone number to invite them. Be careful who you invite as the primary account holder is responsible all recurring monthly payments for all members of the Family Plan. For current customers joining a Family Plan, Boost will apply a pro-rated credit for unused days of service to the primary Family Plan account.
Family plan members do not all need to be on the same plans. There are three plans available:
- $35/month - unlimited voice and messaging, 2 GB high speed data
- $45/month - unlimited voice and messaging, 5 GB high speed data
- $60/month - unlimited voice and messaging, unlimited high speed data
- 2 lines get $5/month off
- 3 lines get $15/month off
- 4 lines get $40/month off
- 5 lines get $75/month off
Boost's Family plan is a good deal and but is it really competitive? Maybe not, Sprint is competing with T-Mobile's MetroPCS and AT&T's Cricket which offer similar family plans. Here's how three competitors least expensive five line plans stack up:
- $95 - Boost 5 lines with unlimited voice and messaging, 2 GB high speed data
- $100 - Cricket 5 lines with unlimited voice and messaging, 2.5 GB high speed data
- $100 - MetroPCS 5 lines with unlimited voice and messaging, 1 GB high speed data
Source: Boost Mobile