GoPhone announced that they have made some important changes to the data allotments they include with their Data Packages. According to the announcement made by the prepaid brand, the Data Packages that may be added to certain plans come with more data.
The new changes include the following:
- $30 plan - $5 data add-on with 250 MB of data instead of 100 MB
- $45 plan - $10 data add-on with 1GB of data instead of 500 MB
- $60 plan - Originally, users were only able to add only 1GB of data add-on for $10. Now, it includes another option for 3GB of data for $20
- $2 daily plan - Data package of 100 MB for $1 per day
Apart from data allotment, each of these plans come with unlimited talk and messaging in the US and messaging in Mexico, Canada and over 100 countries. Meanwhile, the $60 plan includes unlimited talk and text from the US to Mexico and Canada plus talk, text and data usage in Mexico and Canada.
There are some important restrictions to each plan:
- $30 plan doesn't come with data. This is why a data add-on card is needed to be purchased for $5 so users may enjoy 250 MB of data.
- Both the $45 and $60 plans come with unlimited data with first 3GB and 6GB at high speed, respectively. Once the high speed data allotment is consumed, the data speed is throttled to 128Kbps max.
- Rollover data is available on the $45 and $60 plans. Unused data can be rolled over for a month.
- The $45 and $60 plans are eligible for multi-line discounts.