Verizon Wireless announced two new prepaid plans for smartphones today. The new plans, which will be available starting Sunday, November 13 are:
- 5 GB for $50: Unlimited domestic voice, unlimited domestic and international messaging and unlimited data with the first 5 GB of data at high speed, followed by unlimited 128 Kbps data.
- 10 GB for $70: Unlimited domestic voice, unlimited domestic and international messaging and unlimited data with the first 10 GB of data at high speed, followed by unlimited 128 Kbps data.
These new plans aren't actually new. They were launched last month as Walmart-exclusive plans that were only available to customers using a phone or SIM purchased from Walmart. On Sunday, the new plans will join Verizon's existing $45 and $60 plans which, are apparently unchanged.
Here's what the Verizon plan lineup will look like starting Nov. 13:
|Price Per Month||$45||$50||$60||$70|
|Unlimited Domestic Voice and Messaging||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|High Speed Data||2 GB (3 GB with autopay)||5 GB||5 GB (6 GB with autopay)||10 GB|
|Carryover Data (Unused data rolls over for 30 days)||✓||✓|
|Unlimited Calls to Mexico and Canada||✓|
|Unlimited Messaging to Mexico and Canada||✓||✓|
|Unlimited Messaging to 200 countries||✓||✓|
All Verizon Prepaid smartphone plans also include:
- Always on Data - Unlimited data at 128 Kbps after the high speed data allotment is used up.
- Tethering and using your phone as a hotspot.
- Support for VoLTE which enables HD Voice, 6 way calling, video calling, WiFi Calling and simultaneous voice and data.