MetroPCS customers are in for a treat today as the prepaid carrier announced new offers available for them. Here's what's in store for you as a MetroPCS customer:
Free Phone for New and Existing Customers (Phone Upgrade/New Line Add)
MetroPCS is currently offering free (after instant and mail in rebates) phones to both new and existing customers. The offer is applicable to those who want to give their phone an upgrade (upgrades are subject to a $15 upgrade fee) or decide to add a new line on their plan. If either scenario applies to you, you may be entitled to one of the free phones MetroPCS is giving away:
- Alcatel Fierce 4 - free after $59 mail in rebate
- Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL - free after $49 mail in rebate
- Alcatel Tru free - after $29 mail in rebate
- Coolpad Catalyst - free after $19 mail in rebate
- LG 450 - free after $29 mail in rebate
- LG Aristo - free after $59 mail in rebate
- LG K7 - free after $39 mail in rebate
- Samsung Galaxy Core Prime - free after $39 mail in rebate
- Samsung Galaxy On5 - free after $59 mail in rebate
- ZTE Avid Plus - free after $29 mail in rebate
- ZTE Avid Trio - free after $29 mail in rebate
- ZTE Cymbal - free after $29 mail in rebate
On the other hand, if you are porting your number from another non-T-Mobile based carrier, the phones listed above as well as any other phone costing $60 or less is free out the door and these additional devices are free after mail in rebate:
- HTC Desire 530t - free after $19 mail in rebate
- LG K10 - free after $19 mail in rebate
- ZTE Zmax Pro - free after $39 mail in rebate
Bonus Data Offer
Finally, MetroPCS has launched a bonus data offer for customers under their $50 monthly plan. Normally, this plan comes with 5GB of 4G LTE data. With the offer, this plan will include up to 8GB of LTE data each month. This bonus data offer is only available for a limited time.
The monthly rate for a single line under this plan is $50/month. You have the option to add up to four more lines as an additional line for $30 per month per line.
These offers are in conjunction with the new T-Mobile One plan and KickBack that T-Mobile launched yesterday for its postpaid customers.
Updated 1/24/2017 with rebate details.