GoPhone, the prepaid arm of AT&T, has announced a new promotion they are offering to customers who switch to their service. According to the operator, customers who port their number from another carrier will be entitled to a free second month of service. This is the second time GoPhone has offered the promotion to its customers, after a successful run last year. Although it excludes porting from AT&T and Cricket Wireless, the promotion will be available until February 6, 2017.
If you wish to join in on this promotion, you simply need to switch to GoPhone through their website. You'd have to pick from one of the prepaid plans offered by the carrier so that your new line of service can be activated. Your plan options include the following choices:
- $30 monthly plan - WiFi
- $45 monthly plan - 4GB of data
- $60 monthly plan - 8GB of data
The terms of the offer, which you can view by clicking the "See below for offer details" link on the AT&T's GoPhone Offers Page state "Phone restricted to GoPhone svc for 6 months after activation. As far as I know, it's not technically possible for a carrier to SIM-lock a BYOP device. I believe that statement applies to phones purchased from AT&T which are SIM-locked. AT&T will unlock their phones for users on request after six months on prepaid service.
Discount on Certified Pre-Owned Smartphones
Apart from the promotion mentioned, GoPhone is also offering a 10% discount on certified pre-owned smartphones. The devices available under this promotion include:
- Kyocera Hydro Air - $35.99 (before: $39.99)
- LG Phoenix 2 - $44 (before: $49.99)
- Motorola Moto E - $26.99 (before: $29.99)
- Samsung Galaxy Express 3 - $35.99 (before: $39.99)
- Samsung Galaxy Express Prime - $53.99 (before: $59.99)
- Samsung Galaxy Go Prime - $58.49 (currently out of stock)
- ZTE Maven - $26.99 (before: $29.99)
- ZTE ZMAX 2 - $53.99 (before: $59.99)