TracFone's Total Wireless brand has been a Walmart retail exclusive since its 2015 launch. But that's changed this month as Target and Dollar General have started carrying Total Wireless. I snapped the photo above showing the new Total Wireless display at a Colma, California Target Store yesterday. As you can see Target is selling a full range of Target airtime cards along with four phones at full retail prices. Notably missing are Total Wireless SIMs.
I don't have a Dollar General store nearby but a current Dollar General sales circular (image below) advertises sale prices on two Total Wireless phones.
Total Wireless is the fourth TracFone brand to show up in national retail stores. TracFone pay as you go and Net10 have been in virtually every retail chain for many years. Last year TracFone's T-Mobile based Simple Mobile brand popped up in Target, Dollar General, Walmart and Best Buy stores nationwide.
Total Wireless is an MVNO on the Verizon network that specializes in aggressively priced unlimited monthly plans. The following Total Wireless plans are available:
- $25/month: unlimited talk and messaging and no data.
- $35/month: unlimited talk and messaging and 5 GB of data.
- $60/month: Two line plan with unlimited talk, messaging and 8 GB of shared data
- $85/month: Three line plan with unlimited talk and messaging and 12 GB of shared data
- $100/month: Four line plan with unlimited talk and messaging and 15 GB of shared data