With the new update, Apple device users can experience new things on their device. For iOS users, the new update brings a new feature called Find My AirPods. This feature allows users to locate their wireless earbuds when they happen to misplace them. There's also a new change to the Apple File System (APFS) that is said to be a big enough change prompting iOS users to backup their device before updating.
Apple's iOS 10.3 official changelog includes the following:
Find My iPhone
The new update allows users to view current or last known location of AirPods. It also allows a sound to be played on one or both AirPods to help find them.
Siri has been updated to include support for payment apps, ride booking apps, and automaker apps. It also displays Cricket sports scores and statistics for Indian Premier League and International Cricket Council.
The update brings shortcuts in status bar for easy access to the last used apps on CarPlay. There are also new updates to Apple Music.
- Rent once and watch iTunes movies across devices
- New Settings unified view for Apple ID account information, settings and devices
- Hourly weather in Maps with 3D Touch
- "Parked car" search support in Maps
- Delete unwanted invite in Calendar
- Trigger scenes support on Home app
- Support for accessory battery level status on Home app
- Podcasts support for 3D Touch and Todya widget
As for those with an Apple Watch, the new watchOS 3.2 update brings some new changes and features to the device. Among the biggest features that can be expected is Theater Mode, a new feature that disables Raise to Wake and switches the device to silent mode. With this feature, other individuals do not get disturbed inside a movie theater.
Apple's watchOS 3.2 official changelog includes the following:
- Siri. The update now allows Siri to work with apps from the App Store to start workouts, make payments, send messages, book rides, and many other features.
- Theater Mode. This new feature keeps your screen dark and switches to silent mode until you tap it. Even if you raise your wrist, the feature will not change.
- Scribble. Now available in French, Italian, and Spanish
- Music. The Music playlist sync progress is now displayed on the Apple Watch app on an iPhone.
T-Mobile users have shared their experience of the new iOS update through a Reddit forum. The carrier update is said to be arriving today.