Virgin Mobile USA is having a brief sale on the HTC Desire 4G LTE. Until 4 AM Pacific Time tomorrow the Desire is $179.99. In addition new customers who purchase the Desire today get a $35 account credit.
To get the $35 credit, the Desire must be purchased from the Virgin site today and activated on a new Beyond Talk account with the first month of service paid for by 4/11.
The Desire, which looks a lot like a downsized HTC One, is a solid mid-range LTE phone. Specs include:
- dual-core 1.4 Mhz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- 4.5 inch 540 x 960px display
- auto-focus 5MP camera with LED flash and VGA front-facing camera
- Removable battery
- 8GB of internal memory, 1GB RAM and a microSD slot that supports up to 32 GB memory cards
- Android 4.2 with HTC's Sense.
Update: an earlier version of this article stated that the deal ended at noon PT today 10/20. It looks like the deal has have been extended until 4 AM Pacific Time tomorrow, while supplies last.
Update 3/21/14: This deal has expired, the Desire 4G LTE is now $209.99