T-Mobile has partnered with Spanish language cable TV channel Univision to launch Univision Mobile, a new MVNO targeting the Hispanic market.
Univision Mobile, which launched May 19, 2014 has three plans, all of which will include unlimited domestic calls, unlimited domestic and international texts and 100 minutes per month of calls to landlines and mobile phones in Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Panama, Peru and Venezuela. The three plans differ in the amount of data and streaming media they offer:
- $30/month - Unlimited domestic talk, text and MMS, no data.
- $45/month - Unlimited domestic talk, text and MMS, unlimited "3G" data, throttled to "2G" speeds after 2.5GB/month and unlimited access to Univision's Music-Uforia music service.
- $55/month - Unlimited domestic talk, text and MMS, unlimited "4G" data, throttled to "2G" speeds after 2.5GB/month, unlimited access to Music-Uforia and 2.5GB of additional data usable for Univision's Uvideos streaming video service only.
There are three extra cost international calling add-ons.
- $10/month (free untile 9/16/14) Mas Mexico Connect - Unlimited calls to Mexican landlines and 1000 minutes to Mexican mobile numbers.
- $10/month Unlimited International Talk - Unlimited calls to landlines in 70+ countries
- $20/month ($10 until 9/16/14) Mexico + Unlimited International Talk - Unlimited calls to Mexican landlines and 1000 minutes to Mexican mobile numbers plus unlimited calls to landlines in 70+ countries.
Univision sells phones and SIMs online and through independent dealers and Walmart. SIM are $8.00 and work with unlocked phones and T-Mobile phones, locked or unlocked. Univision Mobile uses the T-Mobile native network only, there's no roaming.
Updated 7/27/14 with current plans and pricing