As the name implies, business resellers are supposed to only sell to businesses. Most of the resellers accept businesses of any size, including sole proprietors. Typically customers only need to supply a business name and an EIN, sometimes just an SSN to qualify and there's little or no verification that prospective customers actually operate businesses.
Although they tend to offer good value, the BRs have a major downside, they tend to go out of business quickly and with little warning. I'm not sure why that's the case, but the lack of verification is probably one reason. There's also evidence that at least some of the failed BRs were opening large multi-line business accounts and reselling the separate lines to individuals. I suspect that's not allowed by the reseller's contract with the mobile operator.
Here are a few of the BRs of the past that are no longer active:
- 35orLess, which was a T-Mobile reseller, launched in December, 2014 and stopped accepting new customers three months later on Mar, 2014. Current customers were allowed to keep their service.
- Harbor Mobile launched in July, 2014 as a T-Mobile reseller. Harbor stopped accepting new customers a year later but current customers were allowed to keep their service. Harbor relaunched as an AT&T reseller in November, 2014 and shut down six months later, giving customers only 60 hours notice. AT&T based customers were not able to keep there service but were allowed to switch to AT&T or port their numbers to a new operator. At the beginning of November, 2017, Harbor notified its remaining customers that their T-Mobile service would end December 1, 2017.
- Mobal Freedom was a T-Mobile business reseller from international roaming SIM vendor Mobal Communications. It launched in April 2015 and stopped accepting new customers two months later. Current customers were allowed to keep their plans and numbers.
- BlueGreen Mobile (formerly Smartel) launched in September 2015 as a T-Mobile reseller. BlueGreen added AT&T service shortly after launch.Bluegreen stopped accepting new customers at the beginning of October, 2016. The Bluegreen website has been unavailable since November 25, 2016.
- 4G Antenna Shop (4GAS) has been in business since 2011 selling cellular modems and antennas. 4GAS began reselling T-Mobile mobile broadband service since late 2015. For customers with addresses in areas without T-Mobile service, 4GAS offered mobile broadband service on AT&T. Effective 2/22/2018 4GAS is no longer accepting new customers.
Here are all the currently active low cost business resellers I've been able to find.
NetTalk Connect NetTalk, an established VoIP provider is now selling a single T-Mobile reseller plan with unlimited talk, text and data with the first 10 GB at full speeds for $40 per month. Taxes and fees are included in plan price. Autopay is required. SIMs are $9.99. A business name and an SSN or EIN is required at signup. The plan includes Hotspot and WiFi calling, Music Freedom (zero rated music streaming), roaming up to plan limits in Mexico and Canada, Binge On (zero rated video streaming) and Data Stash (rollover data).
Teltik Communications launched in October, 2016 with service on T-Mobile. SIMs are $10 but you can also use your own new, never activated T-Mobile SIM. An EIN or a scan of a business registration, DBA form, sales and use form, business license, permit, screenshot of website or online business listing is required.
Plans that don't included unlimited high speed data include Music Freedom (zero rated music streaming), Binge On (zero rated video streaming at 480P) and roll-over data.
The tables below list all the plans from the companies mentioned above.
T-Mobile Based Plans
|Name||Price||Voice||Messaging||High Speed Data 1||Includes|
|Teltik Unlimited||$20.00 6||Unlimited||Unlimited||2 GB||Hotspot, Music Freedom|
|Teltik Unlimited||$30.00 6||Unlimited||Unlimited||6 GB||Hotspot, Music Freedom, Binge on|
|Teltik Tablet Plan||$30.00 6||N/A||N/A||Unlimited 4||3G Hotspot, 480p video|
|Teltik Tablet Plan||$35.00 6||N/A||N/A||Unlimited 4||10 GB Hotspot, HD video|
|NetTalk Connect||$40||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited 4||Canada & Mexico roaming|
|Teltik Unlimited||$40.00 6||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited 4||3G Hotspot, 480P video|
|Teltik Unlimited||$45.00 6||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited 4||10 GB LTE Hotspot, HD video|
|Teltik Unlimited||$50.00 6||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited 4||14 GB LTE Hotspot, HD video|
|Teltik Unlimited||$65.00 6||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited 4||Unlimited LTE Hotspot, HD video|
2 Plan price includes $3.71 for taxes and fees.
3 Plan price includes $3.72 for taxes and fees. Customers in markets with no T-Mobile coverage will be activated on AT&T instead of T-Mobile.
4 After 50 GB is used in a month data is subject to de-prioritization when the network is congested. Hotspot throttled to 512 Kbps after 10 GB.
5 After 50 GB is used in a month data is subject to de-prioritization when the network is congested.
6 Plus $3/month federal tax recovery fee
Updated 25-Feb-2018: 4GAS plans np longer accepting new customers.
Sources: NetTalk Connect, 4G Antenna Shop, Teltik
Image: Pexels.com CC0 licensed