- It's an annual plan, paid for in advance, with no refunds after the first 30 days, 30 minutes, 30 texts or 30 MBs, whichever comes first. So if your needs change, or something bad happens to Red Pocket in next 12 months, don't expect a refund. Red Pocket has been in business since 2006, so it's pretty stable, but the MVNO business is a cutthroat one with a high attrition rate and anything can happen.
Although Red Pocket offers service on all four networks, the $99 annual plan is only available on AT&T, which Red Pocket calls "GSMA", or on "CDMAS" which is Sprint.
- Update 2/5/17: The $99 annual plan is now available on all four Red Pocket networks: GSMA (AT&T), GSMT (T-Mobile), CDMA (Verizon) and CDMAS (Sprint). It's also currently on sale on eBay for $94.99.
The new $99 yearly plan joins Red Pocket's four other yearly plans that are available from the Red Pocket eBay Store:
- $199/year ($16/.58 month) - 1000 minutes, 1000 texts and 500 MBs of full speed data followed by 500 MB of 128 Kbps throttled data.
- $229/year ($19.08/month) - 1000 minutes, unlimited texts and 500 MBs of full speed data followed by 500 MB of 128 Kbps throttled data.
- $300/year ($25/month) - unlimited minutes, texts and data with the first 1 GB at high speed followed by unlimited 128 Kbps throttled data.
- $660/year ($55/month) - unlimited minutes, texts and 4 GB of high speed data (no unlimited throttled data included).
Source: Red Pocket eBay Store