announced that its prepaid arm, Virgin Mobile, will exclusively be selling iPhones starting June 27. Along with this announcement, the carrier revealed a new $1/year Inner Circle plan promotion for its customers.
It seems like Sprint's big announcements are far from over. Earlier today, the company revealed that they have re-branded their own Sprint Prepaid arm as the new Sprint Forward. On its website, Sprint calls this as a "new flexible, affordable, pay in advance rate plan".
Along with this, the company has come up with new single line and family plan options to offer:
Sprint Forward Single Line PlanThis new plan comes with unlimited talk, text and 4GB of 4G LTE data for $45/month ($40 with AutoPay. The plan also includes Unlimited International Texting and Mobile Hotspot.
It does not require an activation fee. Customers under this new plan can get $5 AutoPay discount applied on their second month of service.
Update: Fierce Wireless is reporting that according to a Sprint spokesperson, there's also an unadvertised $65 ($60 with AutoPay) Sprint Forward plan that includes unlimited voice, messaging and data with "mobile-optimized" (throttled) streaming video, games and music.
The old Sprint Prepaid plans looked like this:
- $45/month ($40 with autopay) - unlimited talk, messaging and data with the first 3 GB at high speeds.
- $55/month ($50 with autopay) - unlimited talk, messaging and data with the first 5 GB at high speeds.
- $65/month ($60 with autopay) - unlimited talk, messaging and unlimited high speed data.
Sprint Forward Family PlanSprint has also included a new Family Plan under Sprint Forward. A $5 AutoPay discount is included on the primary line and $15 monthly saving on line 2-5 is included. Customers who opt for this plan can save more money since they can get 2 lines for $70/month, 3 lines for $100/month, 4 lines for $130 or $5 lines for $160. The plan comes with unlimited talk and text and 4 GB of 4G LTE high speed data for each line. There is also a Go Unlimited option that includes "unlimited" un-throttled data. That makes the unlimited family plan $110 for two lines or $160 for three, $210 for four or $260for five lines.
On all Sprint Forward plans video is streamed at up to 480p+ resolution, music at up to 500 Kbps, streaming cloud gaming at up to 2Mbps. During times of network congestion, data deprioritization may occur.
If you wish to sign up for a Sprint Forward Family Plan, here are the necessary steps you need to make:
For new customers:
- Purchase a Sprint Forward phone or bring your own compatible phone.
- Activate your new phone and select a Family Plan.
- In My Account, pay one monthly charge for all your lines.
- Invite your family (or friends/co-workers) to join your Family Plan through My Account.
- After the invitation is accepted, ask them to choose their $45 or $65 Family Plan and any additional monthly recurring charges to be credited on the account.
To learn more about the new Sprint Forward plans, visit their website.
Update 7/3/2017, Sprint Forward now supports limited BYOD (Bring Your Own Device). The Sprint Forward FAQ has a new Bring your own device section that includes a list of eligible Sprint (BYOSD) and non-Sprint (BYOFD) devices.