T-Mobile MVNO offered a promotion that gave up to 50% off to customers who purchased 3 months of service in advance. Once that time was up, the monthly prices of the plans went back up.
But after running the promotion for a year, other carriers followed their initiative and launched a similar campaign. Priding itself on being unique, MintSIM has announced that they will no longer be offering the promotion. In its place, the MVNO has decided to change the prices on its plans and start offering it as Clever AF (3 months), Still Really Clever (6 months), and Cleverer AF (12 months).
Back in November, we shared MintSIM's plan pricing structure as this:
- 2 GB high speed data: $35/month, $69/3 months ($23/month), $119/6 months ($19.83/month), $199/12 months ($16.58/month)
- 5 GB high speed data: $50/month, $99/3 months ($33/month), $169/6 months ($28.17/month), $299/12 months ($24.92/month)
- 10 GB high speed data: $60/month, $119/3 months ($39.67/month), $209/6 months ($34.83/month), $399/12 months ($33.25/month)
With today's new announcement, the plans offered by the MVNO now look like this:
- 2 GB high speed data: $45/3 months ($15/month), $108/6 months ($18/month), $180/12 months ($15/month)
- 5 GB high speed data: $60/3 months ($20/month), $144/6 months ($24/month), $240/12 months ($20/month)
- 10 GB high speed data: $75/3 months ($25/month), $180/6 months ($30/month), $300/12 months ($25/month)
Update 7/28 by Dennis: I've learned that the 3 month plan prices are promotional for the first three months only. I don't know how much it will cost to renew these plans but I will update this post when I find out.
Update 2 7/30 by Dennis: Mint SIM has confirmed that renewal prices on the three month plans are:
- 2 GB Plan $69 ($23/month)
- 5 GB Plan $90 ($30/month)
- 10 GB Plan $114 ($38/month)
Hat tip to JP at BestMVNO.com for researching and sharing this information.
Source: MintSIM, WhistleOut