Since October, 2016, Verizon and Walmart have been running a promotion that gives bonus data to customers using a Verizon Prepaid phone or SIM that was purchased at Walmart. The bonus was originally 2 GB, but last July it was cut back 1 GB. Based on the photo above, which a Prepaid Phone News reader snapped at his local Walmart, it's been increased to 2 GB again, at least on the $50 plan. In addition a Howard Forums member on the $50 plan confirmed that his bonus increased from 1 GB to 2 GB recently.
Verizon Prepaid $50 plan customers with phones or SIMs purchased at Walmart and activated on a new line of service after October, 2016 are supposed to automatically receive the bonus data.
Customers on both the $50 7GB plan and the $60/month 10 GB plan were eligible for the old 1 GB Walmart bonus. The new signage at Walmart only lists the $30, $40 and $50 plans and only shows the 2 GB bonus on the $50 plan. There's no mention of the $60 plan, so I'm not sure if it's getting the bonus or not. If you have a $60 Verizon Prepaid plan with the Walmart bonus, please leave a comment indicating how much bonus data you are getting.
Here are all of Verizon Prepaid's current smartphone plans:
- $30/month - unlimited voice, messaging and data with the first 500 MB at high speeds.
- $40/month (additional lines $30) - unlimited voice, messaging and data with the first 3 GB at high speeds.
- $50/month (additional lines $35) - unlimited voice, messaging and data with the first 7 GB (9 GB for Walmart customers) at high speeds.
- $60/month (additional lines $40) - unlimited voice, messaging and data with the first 10 GB (? GB for Walmart customers) at high speeds.
- $75/month (additional lines $55) - unlimited voice, messaging and high speed data